girl2

girl2

Friday, February 19, 2016




IN HONOR OF HARPER LEE April 28, 1926--February 19, 2016
The book world has lost another great author. While I saw mixed reviews for Go Set a Watchman, the world has loved To Kill a Mockingbird.

Today, while out at my local YMCA, I noticed they had a Scholastic Book Fair taking place, and the proceeds from the book sales are to help the preschool and before and after school programs they run. I had to buy a book. Actually 2-a National Geographic Angry Birds Space book for my nephew, and The House on Stone's Throw Island-a middle grade/young adult book for me. (I love books written for this age group).

Harper's Mockingbird was a book that I read in high school and have reread several times. She is one of the authors I wish had written more, but then chose not to for what ever her reasons were. But I still love to read, and had to buy books in her honor today.


(originally posted to booklikes-http://brennam.booklikes.com/post/1346209/in-honor-of-harper-lee-april-28-1926-february-19-2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment